Category Archives: Racing

Antonelli Killed in Accident at Supersport

Antonelli Killed in Accident at Supersport

Antonelli Tewas dalam Kecelakaan di Supersport  

Moscow – Grief enveloped Italian racing world. Foreign riders who participated in the Pizza World Supersport event, Andrea Antonelli, died after suffering a severe accident at the race in Moscwa Raceway, Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Kecalakan that struck Antonelli happened in the last corner on the first lap. In the slippery track conditions due to heavy rain, Antonelli lost control of his motorcycle to fall. After that, his head hit the motor co sekompatriotnya, Lorenzo Zanetti. “Three riders were injured and one of them from Italy died of injuries suffered,” said local police spokesman told reporters.
Antonelli was immediately taken to the medical center that is in the circuit. The medical team did not want to bring Antonelli to a nearby hospital by helicopter because it does not want to take the risk. Because the injury is severe enough Antonelli. Goeleven Kawasaki rider was dead at 2 pm local time.
FIM, Dorna, and YMS Promotion and decided to stop all activities scheduled on that day. »All the people involved in this championship deepest condolences to the Antonelli family, friends, team, and the Italian Federation over this tragic incident,” the official statement FIM.
Antonelli became the second driver from Italy who died in the World Supersport Championship. Previously, Marco Simoncelli died when following the race at the Malaysian GP in October two years ago. Lives of the Gresini Honda team rider drifted after his head hit the motor and close friend Colin Edwards, Valentino Rossi.

Shareholders Still Supports F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone

Shareholders Still Supports F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone

Majority shareholder of the Formula One Group, CVC, choose to “watch and wait” bribery-related cases being attacked President and CEO of F1, Bernie Ecclestone.

Previously, German prosecutors indict Ecclestone bribery. The charges relate to the payment of 44 million U.S. dollars to a German banker, Gerhard Gribkowsky, from Bayern Landesbank (BayernLB) related to the sale of shares of Formula 1. Ecclestone party has six weeks to respond, since the indictment was launched last week.

Last week also, CVC issued a formal statement will monitor this case. This week, the source of the CVC told the Daily Telegraph that they support the 82-year-old British entrepreneur is.

Suppose after going through the legal process he is proven guilty, Ecclestone leadership must be willing to remove the seat. The next question is, who is the best candidate to fill the position place?

Sources Daily Telegraph stated that Ecclestone replacement will likely come from outsiders. Formula 1 currently has 313 staff and 10 senior managerial positions. None of them are worthy to replace Ecclestone.

“This business is too small to have a replacement candidate from within. Successor will almost certainly come from outside,” said the source.

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner is one of the so-called replacement candidate Ecclestone. However, most of the names come from the world outside of F1, including Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King and former M & S boss Sir Stuart Rose.

“I do not know if companies such as Sainsbury’s boss could do my job. Maybe he could,” Ecclestone told the Guardian newspaper last April, when the King entered the name as a candidate.

However, it seems that the shareholders are not in a hurry to find a replacement candidate.

“The reality is that Bernie is running a business and he is much better understand what was going on than us,” continued the source of the CVC. “We clearly have an important role for our shareholders, but we do not run this business, day after day, in detail.”

O’Grady asked to quit Olympic role after EPO admission

O’Grady asked to quit Olympic role after EPO admission

MELBOURNE (Reuters) – The Australian Olympic Committee(AOC) has called on cyclist Stuart O’Grady to step down from its Athletes’ Commission after he admitted using performance-enhancing drugs at the 1998 Tour de France.

 O’Grady, who announced his retirement this week, told a newspaper on Wednesday that he had used the banned blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO) before the notorious 1998 Tour, where he became only the second Australian to wear the yellow jersey.

 AOC secretary-general Craig Phillips contacted O’Grady by e-mail asking for his immediate resignation from the 10-member advisory body, the AOC said on Thursday.

 “Members of our London Olympic team, who elected Stuart to theAthletes’ Commission, are entitled to be angry knowing they had supported an athlete who had cheated,” AOC president John Coates said in a statement.

“Athletes’ Commission members are chosen for their qualities of integrity and leadership and by his admission Stuart does not deserve to be a member of that group.”

 A report by a French Senate inquiry released on Wednesday found the top three finishers at the 1998 tour – Italian Marco Pantani, Germany’s Jan Ullrich and American Bobby Julich – were among 18 riders who had tested positive for EPO.

The 1998 race was overshadowed by the scandal involving the Festina team, who were kicked off the race after a medical team member was arrested at the French border and customs officers seized banned substances.

O’Grady was listed by the French Senate report among 12 riders whose tests were said to be “suspicious” but he confirmed using EPO to the Adelaide Advertiser, insisting he had acted alone in sourcing it.

O’Grady announced his retirement after helping his GreenEdge team to a team time trial victory in this year’s Tour, saying he wanted to go out on a high despite being expected to race on until 2014.

The Australian team said it supported O’Grady “as a person and an advocate for a clean sport”.

“Like the majority of the riders in his generation, he was also exposed to the issues and wrongdoings of the sport and made some wrong choices in that environment,” the team said in a statement on its website (www.greenedgecycling.com).

“We would like to underline that in all of our interactions with Stuart, he has always been extremely clear about the right path for the sport and we believe that certain mistakes in the past shouldn’t be allowed to tarnish his entire career and his integrity as a person.”

Cycling Australia also declined to condemn O’Grady, blaming the era and the European “environment”.

“The late 1990’s was clearly a dark period in cycling’s international history,” the governing body said in a statement.

“(Australian) Athletes transitioning from the strict anti-doping regimes enforced under the domestic … programs were faced with a very different environment when they landed in Europe.”

Coates, though, said the “everybody else was doing it” line was no defense for using banned substances.

 “This was a shameful period for the sport of cycling which has been well documented, that is no excuse for the decision taken by Stuart O’Grady,” he added.

Marussia Switch to Ferrari Engine in 2014 season

Marussia Switch to Ferrari Engine in 2014 season

PAPHOTO4 469598 468x311 Marussia Beralih ke Mesin Ferrari Musim 2014

ANBURY (DP) – Marussia F1 Team announced it would switch to using a Ferrari engine along with the change in engine regulations in 2014. Team based in Banbury, England, this was going to wear ERS, transmission components and all supporters of the Italian manufacturer.
Since the entry into F1 with Virgin Racing name in 2010, the team operates with the smallest budget in the grid using artificial Cosworth engine. Because of the lack of clarity about the Cosworth will provide 1.6 V6 Turbo engine for next year, Marussia decides to switch to Ferrari.
With Marussia’s announcement, which means there will be two teams on the grid in 2014 (Sauber and Marussia) using Ferrari engines. While Toro Rosso Ferrari engine wear since 2007, will switch to Renault engines next season.
“We look forward to working with the Scuderia Ferrari F1 competition in the new era. We are grateful to Cosworth who have partnered with us since our debut season in 2010, “said CEO of Marussia, Andy Webb.
With the announcement of Ferrari as engine provider, Marussia will likely retain its main driver Jules Bianchi as next season. Bianchi is the rider of the young rider development program Ferrari Driver Academy.

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.

Red Bull Add Vettel contract

Red Bull Add Vettel contract

Milton Keynes – Sebastian Vettel will not move the team until the end of season 2015. World champions in the last three seasons it has just extended his contract with Red Bull.

Vettel agreed last contract with Red Bull lasts until 2014. Although still leaves one more season, Red Bull who did not want to lose the valuable asset it has been handed a new deal until the end of season 2015.

“Infiniti Red Bull Racing is pleased to confirm that the world champion Sebastian Vettel has extended his contract for a few years until 2015,” Red Bull said in a statement as reported by Crash.

Vettel to join Red Bull in 2009, where he immediately finished the season in second place final standings. One season later he appeared dominant and won the F1 world champion, successfully defended in the successful 2011 and 2012 seasons.

With the lead now 36 points clear of his nearest rival, Vettel has a chance to equal the record of Juan Manuel Fangio as the rider who became world champion four times in a row. Only Michael Schumacher who had the most consecutive world title, which is as much as five times from 2000 to 2004.

Throughout his career, Vettel (25 years) have reached 29 wins, 51 podiums and 39 pole positions collect.

Vettel Praises New Pirelli Tires

Vettel Praises New Pirelli Tires

Ban Pirelli (foto: Reuters)

SILVERSTONE – Leaders standings Formula One (F1), Sebastian Vettel became who fastest in last day tests new tires Pirelli in Silverstone. Red Bull driver record time of 1 minute 32.894 seconds.

Vettel down in the afternoon local time, to continue the task of Carlos Sainz Jr. who previously drove the Red Bull. German rider gobble trajectory approximately 78 laps. Vettel also admitted satisfied with the tires latest Pirelli.

“We had three days of testing with different drivers and different cars and use without failure. Not to mention the very hot conditions here, “said Vettel, as reported Yahoosport, Saturday (20/07/2013).

“Obviously, we are very limited on what we could do, but for me not so much difference with the tires. This quite nice get some laps, although good to to get the feeling them, “firmly Vettel.

Tire test of the riders that took place at Silverstone is part of Pirelli efforts are being unleashed their new tires. This new tire will be used at the Hungarian Grand Prix next weekend to the rest of the season.
(fir)

Button Not plan vulturous Target at the Hungaroring

Button Not plan vulturous Target at the Hungaroring

Budapest – McLaren racer Jenson Button calls Hungaroring circuit as a special place for him. But consider the situation now, he was reluctant to put the target is too high for the weekend.

Since career in F1 in 2000, Button could only win the first in 2006. He reached for the Hungarian Grand Prix when racing for Team Honda. Another victory in Hungary achieved Button in 2011, when he was driving for McLaren. Nicks it was no less special for the British driver.

“Circuits great, great place. I have many fond memories of the Hungaroring, of course, because here I won my first race in 2006, which is very full of emotion and seem far away now! I also posted victories in the 200 race there in 2011, “said Button in F1’s official website.

“It was a day in which all goes smoothly, the car drive like a dream, and I could win. Every F1 victory in the special, but that’s one of my favorite days,” he continued.

On weekends he would go back to driving at the Hungaroring race series 10th season in 2013. 10th in the standings this season, with the best performance one finish in the top five, Button seemed not expect much.

“Of course a win in 2013 will be difficult, but I really think the team is currently working hard. In Germany, the use of our tires, strategy, and management of the race running as it should.”

“It would be good if we can get a car with better rates to be more competitive with the leading rider, but at this time we can be satisfied with the best efforts in qualifying and the (race) on Sunday afternoon,” he said.

Waiting for “coolest pair” in Formula One

Waiting for “coolest pair” in Formula One

Rumor attraction of Red Bull withdraw from Lotus Kimi Raikkonen continues to grow. The Iceman combination with Sebastian Vettel assessed will be very cool for the world racing pole.

Raikkonen comeback this season acted pretty incredible. Despite a long absence, the Finnish driver is able to penetrate the top three standings F1 Vettel and become a competitor as well as his former team, Ferrari.

It made Raikkonen into one of three candidates who will replace Mark Webber, who decided to retire at the end of the season. Kimi stay competitive with Toro Tosso duo, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

However, McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton-Raikkonen Vettel assess the combination is the most interesting. Because, Raikkonen could be assessed a new rival for the defending champion.

“Today will be a very cool look at Kimi in Red Bull. He would complicate Seb (Vettel),” said Hamilton in the British newspaper, The Sun.

“Kimi is a superb rider, everyone knows it. So it will be very interesting what he would do with a better car,” added the champion of the 2008 F1 season.

Lotus Party is still reluctant to release their hero is. Raikkonen himself insists there is no agreement whatsoever on the future. “If I know (about the future) will definitely be my responsibility to stop these nonsense rumors,” said Kimi.

Raikkonen started his career in 2001 with Sauber defending. After that, he moved to McLaren a year later before solidifying Ferrari in 2007.

33-year-old man had quit F1 in 2009 and performed at the rally event World Rally Championship (WRC) and Nascar. In 2012, the 2007 F1 champion eventually back to racing pole.

Waiting Honda domination and Local Rider Achievement

Waiting Honda domination and Local Rider Achievement

Washington – United States be a friendly place for Honda is always a winner in the last six races there. In the ninth series of U.S. accomplishments rider is still awaited.

After last week’s action in Germany, the MotoGP riders are going to race at Laguna Seca circuit racing. Sunday (07/21/2013) This weekend competition Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa, Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez will come back to continue.

The following data and facts the U.S. MotoGP, as quoted from the site MotoGP.com:

– Six final MotoGP race held in the United States (including Laguna Seca, Indianapolis and Austin) is always won by the Honda rider. The last time there was non-Honda rider stood on the podium top is Jorge Lorenzo at Laguna Seca in 2010.

– It has been very long since the U.S. rider to win the MotoGP. The last time the United States there are riders the highest podium is through Ben Spies in MotoGP Netherlands in 2011.

– This weekend will be the 23 MotoGP races in the United States. Grand prix motor racing event was held first in 1964 and 1965. Laguna Seca has become host rumlah total as much as 14 times, five times in Indianapolis, twice at Daytona and one in Austin.

– Victory Marc Marquez in MotoGP Germany last week was a victory achieved by the 28 Honda rider throughout his career. With this amount is less Marquez one more victory to be able to match the record belongs to Loris Capirossi.

– Marc Marquez fourth consecutive season victory in Germany. Before doing so in the MotoGP class, he was also a champion in there while still competing in the Moto2 class (2011 and 2012), and while still in the 125 cc class (2010).

– In the last four years Jorge Lorenzo took pole position always. But in the span of just once so he champions.

– If you can reach the pole at the end of this week, it would equal the record of Lorenzo as rider Casey Stoner, who won the most consecutive pole in the circuit. Before retiring, Stoner recorded five times MotoGP pole position in Australia.

– Following an accident suffered by Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in Germany, now living there are two riders who consistently score points since the first series. They are Andrea Dovizioso and Aleix Espargaro.

– The only Honda rider to start from pole position is Nicky Hayden. He did it in 2005.